Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekending!

Our weekend started out just like any other, a constant back and forth between toys being put away (by Mommy of course) and being all over the place.

Fast forward to getting ready for our Fourth of July get together we have every year!

Oliver James stylin' in his glasses and sippin' his juice supporting America.

So now is the time to introduce you all to our yearly tradition that we like to call "Shrimp-a-palooza"
Yes, you read that right, a Palooza dedicated to shrimp.
Let's back track to eight years ago when this whole thing began. My husband, then boyfriend, had just moved into an apaprtment with his brother. Our friends all got together to BBQ and one thing led to another and we neded up making pretty much all shrimp.
At the end of the night we decided that it was such a great idea, one of our friends threw out the word "Palooza" then through a few different variations "Shrimp-a-palooza" was born.
Now that we are all getting older, married, kids etc. we have decided to have this holiday land on the Fourth of July every year.
This year being the eighth year we had to make sure we went all out, which we did and it was excellent.

Gooey Butter Cake, a St. Louis staple HAS to make an appearance at this shindig.
This year I decided to go home made, and let me say, I will never buy one from a store again.
Many liquids were consumed, non-alcoholic for the pregnant girl right here!
Me just enjoying some strawberry-lemonade without the vodka this year!


And of course no holiday is complete without a photo-op.
Oliver has become extrememly difficult to get in a picture pose.
On top of the shoulders is one sure way to get him to smile. 

And because, well this is pretty much a more accurate depiction of our life.
Whatever keeps a seventeen month old happy I guess.
<3

The ladies of Shrimp-a-palooza

Probably one of my favorites of the night :)

The gents of Shrimp-a-palooza.
I'm not quite sure what they were looking at, and to be honest I'm not sure they knew either.
Getting them to pose at all was a success so we ladies take what we can get!

And one last picture from the Fourth/Shrimp-a-palooza.
Oliver just chillin' in the grass!

 And then Sunday rolled around.
We didn't do much, just hung out recovering from the crazy busy weekend.
I really liked the outfit I put together so I had to snap a quick picture :)

Now it's Monday and back to reality.
I will be sharing all the details of my outfit's from this weekend on Friday so stay tuned!

I'm linking up with BIANA & MEGHAN for "Weekending"
So go check them out and link up your own weekend happenings!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Fourth of July weekend!!

Please follow along

2 comments: