Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Yes, I Let My Toddler Watch TV

Okay, so there are tons of studies saying how absolutely horrible it is to let your little one watch any ounce of TV before the age of 2. I have even heard of parents who shield their children's eyes when walking past any TV that is in their presence.
While I applaud their will power and have nothing but crazy respect for their choices in parenting their child, I can't imagine how I would ever get anything done without having that distraction for my own toddler.
Exhibits A, B, C, D... etc







Now all of these pictures were taken within a three month period, but still, each and every one of these moments I was either doing/folding laundry, doing the dishes, making dinner, cleaning something or taking care of the dogs.
 I don't know about your toddler, but if I tried to do any of those tasks with him on my heels let's just say, nothing would get done.
On the rare occasions he hears me putting the dishes away, he scoots his butt right over to "help" which usually consists of all my clean silverware ending up on the floor.

Like I said before, if you are one of those "no TV" parents, more power to you, sometimes I wish I had that much patience to deal with a toddler and household chores but I am not.

On that note...

Dear Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffin, Chuggington, Sesame Street and Dino Train,
Thank you for being there for my little one while I attempt to keep our house from looking like a tornado has torn through it on a daily basis.
Sincerely,
One Grateful Mama

Please Follow Along

2 comments:

  1. I can see both sides to this, but isn't that why baby einstein videos were created to get the toddlers learning early on :) xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always shocked when people are 100% against tv for the little ones. No they shouldn't be planted in front of it all day, but there are so many great educational shows for the little guys that not only keep them occupied while mom tries to get things done, but they're also learning at the same time. Win-win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete