Friday, May 23, 2014

Oliver's Birth Story Part 3

Once we were moved to a regular room I was exhausted, and starving.
All I wanted was something to eat, however since I had just had surgery I wasn't able to eat anything solid until the next morning.
I was still feeling the effects of the medicine... and still was having some pumped in me through the epidural to help with the pain, and all I wanted was some darn food!
It took a while before they brought Oliver back into the room with us, he had to go through a series of tests and check ups.
By the time he made his way back our families had pretty much all left and it was just the three of us.
The next few days were amazing.



A couple days in we were told that Oliver was jaundice and would have to be placed in a special bed to help with it, after that didn't work the bed became even more pronounced and he had to wear fun goggles... Well fun for us to look at him but he was not a fan...


We were there from Wednesday morning until Sunday morning, learning the ropes of being a parent was daunting but we were up for the challenge.
Before we knew it, it was time to go home.
Oliver's going home outfit and first car ride
I'm not going to lie, I was nervous to bring him home.
I knew we could do it, it was just a matter of getting used to this new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment